Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sticky Roads

This morning I woke up feeling like I could do the running of the bulls in Spain, or wherever they do that stuff. By the evening I was feeling like I could do the lying on the couch. I don't know what happened. I had chest pains, stabbing, sharp pains on my right side (opposite of the heart), and a feeling of lethargy. I have these anti-feeling-like-I-don't-have-cancer-treatment-pills, but they boast about having parkinson's like side-effects. I tried one today. I don't know what side-effects they gave me. I don't like it, but I guess things happen that way. Tomorrow is a busy day, and I can't afford feeling like a retired sloth. I made supper, but it all tasted like something nobody eats. Taste buds are somewhere where the food doesn't go. Not many chuckles today.
Too negative?
Well ok then, I did not fill my pants. I did not puke. I did not pee into my pants. I did not wash my feet in the toilet bowl. I did not eat any yellow snow. I did not fall off the roof. I was not on the roof. I had a good visit with a former pastor about some Mennonite teachings of days gone by. My zipper was never open in public, unlike yesterday at the hospital, but are zippers not to be open in hospitals anyways? I can see. I can hear. I don't have to wear a diaper. I can walk. I can sleep. I can read. I have a wife. I have people who actually claim to read this blog. Others may read it but don't admit it- can't blame them! I am not driving a truck in some blizzard. And I have a mom who loves me. And Jesus is building for me a mansion.
And for you too!
That's something to chuckle about.
Have a good night.
And thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Some days Harry wishes he didn't drive a truck anymore either when the weather sucks! Thanks for the reminder to look for the positive rather than the negative. In our world its just too easy to be a Debbie downer rather than a cheery Chuckle...
    Regina

    ReplyDelete