Monday, March 7, 2011

Personal Note

On a bit of a personal note on which we would covet your prayers is an appointment with the oncologist this Thursday. They called me today on this matter. I am thinking this is relating to the next medical procedure that we have been waiting for. I believe we will be informed if it is a go or a no-go. We have peace about either or. Whenever I get a letter with the return address marked McDermit Ave. I get a chill going through my body. It is always from cancer care, and it still is raw to the surface. We sure appreciate your ongoing prayers.
Otherwise, I had a very good weekend. This afternoon the wheels kind of came off as I had one of those wicked gut attacks. I have no clue what sets them off. The attacks are writhing painful and basically last 5-6 hours and then it's over. They do not occur very frequently, and I have yet to find a way to relief the pain. Wine, baking soda water, hot tea, tylenol, nothing seems to do away with the pain. But the pain always leaves and then life continues as if nothing happened. And we march on towards victory. 1 John 5:4-5 says ὅτι πᾶν τὸ γεγεννημένον ἐκ τοῦ θεοῦ νικᾷ τὸν κόσμον: καὶ αὕτη ἐστὶν νίκη νικήσασα τὸν κόσμον, πίστις ἡμῶν. 5τίς [δέ] ἐστιν νικῶν τὸν κόσμον εἰ μὴ πιστεύων ὅτι Ἰησοῦς ἐστιν υἱὸς τοῦ θεοῦ. (Everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world and this is the victory that overcomes the world, our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world is not the one who believes continually the Jesus is the Son of God [my translation]).Our faith overcomes the world! Praise God! Like that old hymn says, "Faith is the victory, faith is the victory, O glorious victory that overcomes the world."
My favorite song I learned in Africa goes like this (I will try to preserve the beautiful African accent): Maa-ching ta vik-taw-wee da Lawd has konk-ka-ward, maa-ching ta vik-taw-wee we aaw moi dan konk-a-wers. I can still hear them sing, and they would sing it over and over and over and over. Remembering this gives my heart a Godly warm chuckle! I would love to hear them sing that again. "Marching to victory the Lord has conquerored marching to victory we are more than conquerors."
Thanks for your prayers.We are marching on to victory.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers with you as you find out whatever the news may be.
    -Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Regina! We are feeling your prayers. Without them the road would seem impossible. With them we even have chuckles along the way.

    ReplyDelete