Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Managing Pain

Know pain, no gain
no pain, know gain.
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, the King of Glory and Lord of all lords, to Him be the praise, the glory and the honor. His name is worthy of all the praise our human bodies can muster.
I have had some wonderful days lately, and there have been some not such great days of late as well. Yesterday was indeed a full day with Palative Care coming for a morning visit to our home. It's really neat to simply go through things that one could deal with in the future- to be able to talk about those things now while one is still in good shape. These people want to help us, and care for us. There are lots of things to discuss during a time like this, and it's good to get it discussed.
Over the course of the disease my feet have begun to swell up. It's not a good sign, and so we went to the doc to see what could be done. The cause of swelling feet is water retention which could be caused by a few things like a shortageof Vitamin B12, or blockage in the liver of some kind, or lack of Harley rides.
While we were at the doc, we also discussed pain management. Up till now I really did not have a good mechanism in place for dealing with pain. But the pain is getting greater, and I needed help. So the doc started me on a morophine program. I took the pills yesterday, and for the first time in a LONG time I had a restful, peaceful, relatively pain free evening as Julia and I watched "The Rainmaker".
Dear friends, once again Julia and I thank you so much for your caring concern in the form of emails, cards, phone calls and other ways. What a blessing to have such a huge support network behind us.
Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment