Thursday, July 7, 2011

Does God Have A Sense of Laughs?

The other day a person dropped by and wanted spent some time with me which was very much appreciated. In the conversation he commented on how my legs looked- very water retained and fat looking.  But he meant well, I loved his visit, I loved he prayed for me, I appreciate that he took time out of his busy, busy day and came to say HI to me. He is a dear friend, and I love him dearly.
My body does not look good-Nothing that would pass on the cover of GQ magazine. In fact, my body is skin and bones above the abdomin and water and skin and bones below the naval base.
After my friend left, I hurried into the Bible and raced for the Psalm section. As soon as I saw Psalm above the page, I stopped and read- it was at Psalm 149.
Praise the LORD!
Sing to the LORD a new song.
And His praise in the congregation of the godly ones.
Let Israel be glad in his Maker,
Let the son of Zion rejoice in their king.
Let them priase His name withdancing;
Let them sing praises to Him with timbrel and lyre.
FOR THE LORD TAKES PLEASURE IN HIS PEOPLE;
HE WILL BEAUTIFY THE AFFLICTED ONES WITH SALVATION.

I stopped reading right there and burst out with laughter and praise. Yes, one day this frail, lean, skinny, boney body will be beautified with His salvation. The ship is coming in. The ship can be seen in the distant. It's coming to pick me up and taking me to heaven. It wouldn't be long.
What about you, dear reader? Where are you at in your life? Do you have any savior other than Jesus? There is only one God, Lord and Savior of creation, of the whole universe. His name is Jesus, and He is your hope, He is your Savior, He is your friend. You need Him. You need to repent of not following Him, and you must believe in Him, and obey His will. Then He will cover you with His blood and make you holy.
I can help you with that step. Contact me and let's do business with Jesus. He is waiting with open arms for you to come.
Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment